Co-founders Peter & Brian are working hard to bring a premium meadery to the north side of Chicago. Schedules never go as planned, but we’ve roughed out how our journey might go if things work smoothly. To learn more about the styles of mead we’re interested in, check out the “Mead!” tab in this site.
Our estimated timeline:
- Fall 2017: Launch social media, start R&D batches for giveaways. Continue to refine fermentation and packaging processes.
- Winter 2017: Firm up business plan, decide this crazy thing will work
- Jan 2018: Incoporate Second City Meadery, Inc. in Illinois
- Spring 2018: Launch updated logos and graphics
- Summer 2018: Finalize capital and business plan
- Fall 2018: Find a home for the meadery
- Fall 2018: Buildout meadery space & taproom
- Fall 2018: Apply for licenses
- Spring 2019: Get federal approval, start making batches for launch
- Summer 2019: Open doors, start bottle and draft sales!
<–We are here