Co-founders Peter & Brian are working hard to bring a premium meadery to the north side of Chicago. Schedules never go as planned, but we’ve roughed out how our journey might go if things work smoothly. To learn more about the styles of mead we’re interested in, check out the “Mead!” tab in this site.
Our estimated timeline:
- Fall 2017: Launch social media, start R&D batches for giveaways. Continue to refine fermentation and packaging processes.
- Winter 2017: Firm up business plan, decide this crazy thing will work
- Jan 2018: Incoporate Second City Meadery, Inc. in Illinois
- Spring 2018: Launch updated logos and graphics
- Summer 2018: Finalize capital and business plan
- Winter 2018: Find a home for the meadery
- Summer 2019: Buildout meadery space & taproom<–We are here
- Summer 2019: Apply for federal and statelicenses<–We are here
- Fall 2019: Get state approval – start making batches for launch and apply for Chicago license
- Fall 2019: Get Chicago approval – open doors, start bottle sales!
- Winter 2019: Start draft sales!